Sunday, November 25, 2012

Writing Milestones

Some days this month have been about pushing through to make sure that I am on track with my word count.  Then there are days like today that are filled with excitement and milestones.  I just finished a very important chapter in my book where my main character goes though some serious emotional and physical trauma and comes out stronger on the other side.  It was so amazing to write those last words of the chapter and to see the character transform.  It was even more powerful to know that I did it.

This month I am finally learning what it means to really be a writer and not just a person who likes to write every once in a while.  I am growing by the day just like my characters.  I am learning that I have control over their story and my own.  Today I have so far written close to 4,500 words and I am not done.  I can’t stop because the story demands that I work on it and finish it.

Today was an important day for me because I pushed past a wall to see that I am becoming what I have always wished, dreamed, and hoped for.  Today I can say that I am a writer.  When I finish the story I will be able to proclaim that I finished my first novel. 

So far my book is going better than I could have ever hoped for.  

Good luck to everyone who aspires to dream.  Work a little bit on them every day and you can make them a reality.

Good night and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment