Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!!  I hope everyone is taking some time out to spend the holiday weekend with family and friends.  I myself had a great day on Thursday.  I cooked the turkey for my wife’s family this year and it was a great success.  It was nice to catch up with family, watch some football,  and I even managed to get in some Black Friday shopping to get a jump on Christmas.   I love this time of year; there is Christmas music on the radio, and people are nicer to each other just because.

It has been a busy month of writing for NaNoWriMo but all is well and I can see the finish on the horizon.  As of today I am close to 39,000 words.  I have only 11,000 more to go to make my goal of fifty thousand words in thirty days.  I can tell you this NaNoWriMo is not easy.  I would not be this close to finishing without my family whom have been super supportive during this endeavor.  Some days are better than others and as a result other projects, helping around the house like I would like to, and sleep have gone on the back burner for most of the month.  I did get the Christmas lights up (Yay for a burst of warm weather) and the lawn mowed one last time.

On the story front I am still really excited.  I can see the story developing and I can’t wait to see where the story is taking me.  My goal of having a finished first draft by Christmas still stands, but I see the story being a little longer than I first envisioned so we will see.  Either way I will be editing by the New Year. 

A few last notes before I sign off and get back to writing:

1.        It’s nice that the election is over and my phone is done ringing off the hook with robot calls telling me why I should or should not vote for somebody.

2.       Bowl season is almost here and it’s nice to see Notre Dame relevant again.  They should win tomorrow and they will in all likelihood verse a SEC team. (I was so hoping for Notre Dame vs. Oregon)

3.       Ski season is coming soon and I hope we get a lot of snow this year.


Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment