Thursday, October 4, 2012

Visiting other Writer's Blogs

Today I read a very interesting blog post at http://thewritepractice.com/become-a-writer/.  The author Joe Bunting wrote a post titled, “5 Reasons you Should Consider Becoming a Writer”.  It is a really well written piece that lays out reasons to write other than to get published or to make big money.  In fact it speaks to the reason we all began writing in the first place.  It you are interested please go to the blog.  This was the first time I visited it, but after reading it I am sure to go back again.  Being new to blogging I don't know the etiquette for reposting comments I made somewere else but below is the comment I posted on his blog in response to the article:

F. Scott Fitzgerald said that “You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say.”
I write because I want to say something positive about the human spirit and the potential within us all.  I write because I have stories that need to be told and ideas that need to be expressed.  I want people to come away from my writing full of hope and imparted with the idea that you can rise above your means to become a better person.  A storyteller is saying so much more than the words on the page and the actions of their characters.  In my stories I am weaving a much bigger narrative that says something about life and the limitless possibilities therein.  When I first learned to read I remember being amazed at the world out there just beyond my door and enchanted by the fact that the words on the page could transport me into the worlds of Jules Verne, Mark Twain, Alexandre Dumas, J.R Tolkien, F. Scott Fitzgerald, David Eddings, Johann David Wyss and countless other authors.  These books were not only great adventures, but they taught me something.  In those pages I learned about honor, respect, love, tradition, & faith to name a few.  I saw in those pages how to be a better man.  That is why I write.  I want to tell a compelling story that says so much more then is on the page.  Writing is exciting and a good story that needs to be told is why I sit in front of a keyboard seeing where it will take me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment