Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Thoughts on NaNoWriMo, Halloween, and Hurricane Sandy.



Tomorrow is the day.  Let the writing begin and the lack of sleep start to stack up.  National Novel Writing month may test my dedication, but I plan on coming out the other side a winner with a finished first draft.  I feel that I will approach this the same way I did running a marathon: training is important, but in the end you need to pace yourself and keep running.  Writing a novel in one month goes the same way: pace myself and just keep writing.
.
Tonight I will enjoy a fun evening of trick or treating with the family.  We will order pizza and the boys will each have some friends come over to go out with. We will bundle up and go head out. I am prepared with about 20 bags of candy for the flood of kids.  I love today.  Where I live Halloween is amazing.  The subdivision is filled with kids and families can be seen everywhere.  Parents have fires in their driveways and laughter can be heard in the air.  It may be cold and it might rain, but it will not dampen the spirits of my boys who woke up early this morning very excited to get ready for school and the days Halloween festivities.  My daughter does not know what today is all about yet, but she does love dressing up and at just over a year is adorable in her princess dress. 

Afterwards the writing starts.  My goal is over 1700 words a day with an attempt at 2000.  Revision is to be put off till December.  I will try to get some blogging in as well.   Have a great Halloween and happy trick or treating!!!!

On a sad and reflective note my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone on the east coast and beyond who have been affected by Hurricane Sandy.  Watching the coverage on the news has been very sobering and I know that the recovery will be long and hard.  In times like these we need to be able to lean on our neighbors for support and strength.  It is humbling to see the destructive power of Mother Nature and inspiring to see the enduring power and resiliency of the human spirit. 

To everyone involved and those on their way to help: stay strong, be safe, and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment